My first fondant cake

In High School I thought decorating cakes would be so much fun. We'll I haven't thought much about it until a week ago. Oakley's first birthday is coming up in a couple week and I want to make her a special cake. So I started looking up ideas online and the same thoughts came to me as they did years ago. Cake decorating would be so fun. Well funny story short, I couldn't stop thinking about making cakes. I have even been dreaming about cakes. I don't really know why but I've been feeling like a little girl in a candy store, so excited to make a CAKE.... I keep thinking of any reason to make a cake. So today I went shopping at Orson Gygi with my mom and lucky for me I got my birthday present early fondant cake baking supplies. wow wow... The best part of it all was making this cake was as much fun as I was thinking it would be. I can't wait to make the next one! heheheh... I'm still giddy......




I could not even clean up before taking the pictures I was so excited!!! :)

4 comments:

Jani said...

Love it. David gave me cake decorating classes for valentines day last year. I took the first class with my sister but then got put in the hospital so I didnt get to do the fondant one. It is fun.
Lets hang out. Wanna come to my house one day? or I can come visit you.

Dasha said...

That looks amazing!

Makell Wintle said...

April, that looks amazing! Fondant is so hard. Way to go.

Green Family: said...

April that looks so cute! You have done such a great job on all the projects you have done lately!!